Thursday, May 29, 2008

trying


I've been doing a lot of thinking about blogging, but I just haven't gotten here to write about it.


One thing I've been wanting to say is that when I say I'm busy I mean it. I feel like sometimes people don't understand how you can be busy and not be working. No I'm not trying to say that my job is harder or easier than other moms, I'm just saying that you can't compare.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to open a can of worms, I've just been a little frustrated lately. I guess its like a little quote I've heard a few times...

"From the outside looking in you can't understand it, and from the inside looking out you can't explain it." (I've actually heard this quote to describe my beloved Aggieland... but it applies well to this scenario.)

Anyway, so back to blogging about what I love most.


My girls.
Here is some sisterly love. Grace has really turned into a super sweet big sister. She loves to give Emma hugs and kisses and loves to sing to her... especially patty cake!
We've been walking a lot and boy do I have a good workout. My sweet neighbor and I have been tring to get out and walk several times a week. I figure I'm pushing about 60 lbs or so... that has gotta help burn something...

Emma has found her tongue. It's precious... she loves to stick it out when she smiling :)
We put a hole in the wall... I know we own a new home for less than 6 months and we are already tearing it apart. Not really. There was this "dead space" under the stairs (which also happens to be right off the family room) so we decided we would like to use this space. So far its just a big cut out, but hopefully it will be a little closet soon enough.... like maybe before we have friends that are coming to visit this weekend with a very curious crawling nearly one year old. (hint hint Adam!)

And last but certainly not least... I've been missing my friends up in Oklahoma. So Grace, Emma and I drove up to visit my friend Melanie and her two little ones. It was just a quick day trip, but well worth it. We even had all four kids down for a nap at the same time... sadly it only lasted for about 30 minutes. But we got to eat lots of yummy cookies while they slept. (We didn't want to share... and you know if you eat anything like a cookie in front a toddler they want one too... )
Grace, Emma, Sophia and Lucas

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm going to try to catch up on my blog reading now. Sorry Granny that I haven't posted recently. I'll be better! love you!

7 comments:

Jennisa said...

AMEN, Lisa...AMEN...

I really like that quote you used. It is hard to explain to outsiders how your day is BUSY while you are at home. My hubby wonders why I haven't had time to go down and do the laundry, or tidy up the living room, or do the dishes...IT'S BECAUSE I'M A SERVANT ALL-DAY-LONG....

I never thought motherhood would be easy, but I also never knew we'd be this busy!!! Glad I'm not alone!

Melissa said...

I completely agree!! This job is crazy sometimes :) but we wouldn't change it for the world!! Anyways, I am glad you are doing well, we should definelty get together sometime, with the hubby's, i think that they would get along great since the both are into the engineering thing :) have a great weekend... Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Great idea on knocking out that wall. Great storage. Grayson does the same thing with his tongue! Too cute! And yes, I totally understand being busy. Some days I wonder if I'll get anything extra done around the house and other days I can accomplish a lot. Two kiddos is just different! Have a great weekend!

Barbara said...

You are so right Lisa. Comparing ones self to another is a waste.
Concentrate on happiness, love, joy...and need mention: margaritas!
You have inherited your mother and grandmother's need to constantly renovate & redecorate your home.
Those two goof-balls deserve their own reality show (or a session with Dr. Phil)

Lindsey said...

Love the hole in the wall!! DIY projects are the best!

E said...

Glad you're doing well. I was wondering where you were! Hang in there with the business! :)

Unknown said...

Hey there! I have never taken time to "snoop" in the comments before...Looks like I should just to keep up with Barb's candor! LOL- Lisa, you have been truly blessed with crazy aunts, on both sides of the fence - and we LOVE you so much! (Waving wildly to Barbara here). Your girls are beautiful and I know I need to come visit - not only to hug on Emmie but to admire Grace's curls. So pretty! I am fairly sure they are from your Mom's - or Adam's side of the family.

As I am taking a DIY break, I want you to post an update on the space under the stairs...curious to see what you all do with it!

XXOO - Stephanie