Friday, December 29, 2006
Monday, December 25, 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
Anyway, her other issues with constipation and eczema are much better. We have her "going" more regularly now and her skin is doing soooo much better!
Please add Grace to your prayers tonight that she starts feeling better. I would hate for her to feel bad over Christmas, especially since we will be away from home visiting family!
Friday, December 15, 2006
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
I'm sure my neighbors must be wondering this. (I saw a post simular to this on my friends blog... Lindsay!). Grace LOVES windows and our lab Sammie always tries to be right in there with her. The window in our guest bedroom is nice and low to the ground, so Sammie normally sits at this window most the day guarding the house, plus she can see if anyone is coming to the front door through this window. Of course if someone were to come to the door she would initially bark, then when the person enters the house she would lick and beg that person to lick her! :)
Anyway, back to the baby in the window. Looking out the window just must be something amazing for Grace (well all little Toddlers for that matter). Plus I think she likes that she can stand up all by herself relatively easy. Speaking of standing up... I don't think she is far from that first step. She will pull up on anything, and hold on with one hand. Sometimes a toy isn't far and she will reach for the toy, think for a minute and then get down and crawl to it! She will however walk along the coffee table and couch (crusing), but no independent steps yet. Maybe soon!
Friday, December 08, 2006
We finally finished decorating the tree and the house this past weekend. We decided NOT to pull out the big 6 foot Christmas tree and instead bought 2 new little table top trees. The main reason is because Grace is into everything. I dediced on the small trees after she was driving my nuts with a small house plant that was on the floor. It was her favorite. She already tried eating the moss/ivy off that little plant twice so I didn't want to deal with broken ornaments. But on the other hand I couldn't possibly imagine not having a Christmas tree! So we will just have to wait until next year, when Grace (hopefully) will know the meaning of "No" and not just turn around and laugh at me when I say it. Yes she does laugh when I say no. So I'm pretty sure that word isn't very effective with a 9 month old baby. So anyhoo.... here is a picture of little trees that sit on top of my grandmothers buffet. We did have to put a couple gifts on the floor because of overflow and Grace LOVES those. She already unwrapped one gift (well just partly), but I caught her in the act so it was still salvagable!
The stockings were hung by the ...um, the front door...with care. No chimney for us! (I thought that was cute... I borrowed it from my friend, Megan). My mom made each of our stockings. She made Adam and I's a couple years ago (that is why it doesn't say "mom" and "dad") and she just finished Grace's stocking last month. They each took her months to finish as each beed is hand sewn! I'm sure she is hoping that we don't have another baby for awhile.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Here is another pic of her ready to get into the tub. Love that cute butt!!
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Monday, December 04, 2006
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate (does anyone really drink egg nog!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? In my family, Santa left an unwrapped present, but mom and dad wrapped the ones from them and put them under the tree. They wanted some credit! I think we'll do the same!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not this year... we use to get some at Adam's parents house, but they moved!
5. When do you put your decorations up? A few days after Thanksgiving. One Holiday at a time please!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes with lots of Gravy!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I have so many.... I loved Christmas day. All our extended family lived in Dallas so we would open presents and get dressed and go to my dad's side of the family and then go to my mom's side later that day... I loved the busyness of the day!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think 3rd grade.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Never!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights and ornaments we have collected since being married. This year we have just a little table top one since Grace is on the move!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, but glad I don't live where it snows often. The once or twice a year is just perfect. :)
12. Can you ice skate? Of course!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm... probably anything Strawberry Shortcake or Cabbage Patch!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and friends.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love my grandmas pies... she is a great baker!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love going to look at Christmas lights. And I love the shopping... even though the crouds are tough!
17. What tops your tree? Just a bow I made.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Well, it's always nice to receive, but I really like giving the best.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All the ones on my Mariah Carey CD.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I like the flavored ones.
21. Do you re-gift? Not this year!
22. Worst gift given to you. I got some socks one year from a relative... I was like 12 so it was terrible!
23. What is your favorite holiday movie? Christmas Vacation
24. Who will you be spending Christmas with this year? We will be driving to Austin to see my husbands family! We can't wait!
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Friday, December 01, 2006
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Well last night was terrible. I think it was the worst night we have had since bringing Grace home from the hospital or close to it. She was up before we even went to bed at 9:30! Adam rocked her back to sleep, but she was up again at 10:30... well this is pretty much how the nigth went. Around 12 I decided to go to sleep in the guest bedroom and bring Grace into bed with me. That helped for a bit, but she was up around 3 and 5... I finally fed her at 5 and she was out till 6:30... so needless to say I'm so tired. But for some reason Grace is bright eyed and bushytailed! Oh and she finally broke her fever at 6:30... I got her out of her crib and she was drinched in sweat! Poor baby. But she seems to be feeling better today, but no new teeth yet. Hopefully soon because I need some sleep!
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Monday, November 06, 2006
Friday, November 03, 2006
Anyway, here are few pics of her exploring the house.
tried to pull the lamp and phone off the end table (thankfully she was unsuccessful, so she just tried to eat the cords!), put her little fingers into the Sammie's water bowl (we already had to move the bowls from the kitchen into the laundry room, so we can close the door, but anytime it is open she goes straight for them!), and she likes to go behind the couch (thankfully there is enough room between the couch and wall that I can vacuum so it isn't grose back there or anything!). She is a complete mess, but we wouldn't have it any other way. It is definitly fun, exciting and each day brings some new adventure. Growing up sure is a blast!
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Here are pics of Adam and I, with our good friends, Joey and Hailey,... aka... The Flinstones and The Rubbels! :) Cute huh. We made the costumes ourselves. We are quite crafty! (Oh and Adam and I look a little tired b/c we were!)
Monday, October 30, 2006
Here are a couple pics of Dusseldorf, Germany.
Oh and Grace did great while we gone. It was good for her to get some quality time with grandma and grandpa! She did surprise us by saying her first word while we were gone... "Dada"!!... of course... I'm home with her all day and the thanks I get is "Dada"... oh well! :)
The first day we were gone Grace stayed with our friend Linsday for several hours. Here is a video she made of Grace and her little boy, Travis, who is 2 weeks younger than Grace. I'm sure it was like having twins!!! Thanks Linz!
Sunday, October 22, 2006
We will post pics when we get back and let you know how Grace does (and me too!).
Have a great week!
Thursday, October 19, 2006
So leave a comment after the message... beep. :)
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
The door of his wife's car was & open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring on a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.
He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside, he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.
As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.
He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?" She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me "what in the world did I do all day"??
"Yes," was his incredulous reply. She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."
Monday, October 16, 2006
Saturday, October 14, 2006
*Crawling everywhere... as you have seen in previous posts.
*Pulling up to standing all the time in her crib and a few times playing.
*Her best friend is the puppy, Sammie! They are becoming good buds.
*She says bababa and lalala... no mama or dada yet! :(
*She weighed 18 pounds 5 ounces earlier this week...which puts her at the 50% for weight.
*She eats anything she can feed herself. She still hates baby food. Her favorite food seem to be Mexican... loves black beans, rice and avacados!
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
I normally end up on the internet... I love thenest.com. Although knowing me I would probably clean up or throw a load of laundry in the wash. I know exciting huh!
2) Five Dollars to spend right now. How or where would you spend it?
Anything from Taco Bueno.... maybe Mexi Dips and Chips! YUM!
3) Five Items in your house you could part with right now?
Sammie's hair... labs shed so much. Now that Grace is crawling I have to vaccum pratically everyday!
The kid stuff. I've been taken over by large plastic toys. :)
Cords, wires, etc. Although we do have wireless internet there are just so many in the house.
Dirty bottles and pump parts... I HATE cleaning bottles and all the parts for my breastpump.
Not sure this is apart of my house... but Grace being sick. I could do without that!
4) Five Items in your house you absolutely, positively could never part with?
Well of course my husband, daughter, and our puppy Sammie.
All my china. Even though I haven't used it (its under the guest bed!).
My computer... it has all our pictures of Grace on it!
My jewlry. I have every peice of jewlry I have ever gotten including a braclet with my name on that my granny gave me when I was maybe 10.
My granny Bev's buffet table... I love it!
5) Five Words you love?
Grace's babbles... she says "lala" and "baba"... no mama or dada yet :(
Hmm... not sure there are words I love. I guess I just love words period, but not any particular ones :)
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Today so far she has discovered DVD's, dog food, toliet paper, flip flops... plus I'm sure some dirt on the floor. I am trying to keep the house clean, but I can't look away from her for a minute.
Should I set up her pack 'n play (portable crib) and use it like a play pen when I have to leave the room?? I'm a prisoner to my living room!! :)
And I know its only going to get worse as she starts to crawl faster and walks and then runs! Can't wait!!!