Friday, December 08, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree...

Oh Christmas tree... you're making my life so busy!

We finally finished decorating the tree and the house this past weekend. We decided NOT to pull out the big 6 foot Christmas tree and instead bought 2 new little table top trees. The main reason is because Grace is into everything. I dediced on the small trees after she was driving my nuts with a small house plant that was on the floor. It was her favorite. She already tried eating the moss/ivy off that little plant twice so I didn't want to deal with broken ornaments. But on the other hand I couldn't possibly imagine not having a Christmas tree! So we will just have to wait until next year, when Grace (hopefully) will know the meaning of "No" and not just turn around and laugh at me when I say it. Yes she does laugh when I say no. So I'm pretty sure that word isn't very effective with a 9 month old baby. So anyhoo.... here is a picture of little trees that sit on top of my grandmothers buffet. We did have to put a couple gifts on the floor because of overflow and Grace LOVES those. She already unwrapped one gift (well just partly), but I caught her in the act so it was still salvagable!

The stockings were hung by the ...um, the front door...with care. No chimney for us! (I thought that was cute... I borrowed it from my friend, Megan). My mom made each of our stockings. She made Adam and I's a couple years ago (that is why it doesn't say "mom" and "dad") and she just finished Grace's stocking last month. They each took her months to finish as each beed is hand sewn! I'm sure she is hoping that we don't have another baby for awhile.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those stocking beat the heck out of Land's End. I'm totally envious! Your's and Adam's look almost exactly like my childhood stocking. I wonder if it was the same pattern.

Good call with the table top trees! I'll probably need that idea for next Christmas.

Anonymous said...

PS- I bet your mom is NOT hoping that you don't have another baby for a while. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to work long and hard on another stocking.

Lisa said...

Megan, They probably are the same pattern... I think my mom got them online at some place that has been around forever! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! My mom made the same stocking for my husband last year! Come visit our blog...

sarah said...

i can't wait to get laughed at when i say, "no!" LOL Your little trees are so cute!

Nicole said...

I totally understand about the Christmas tree thing. That is always hard. We didn't put ours up becuase the prelit tree decided this year to not light up, so lazy me decided that it isOK to not have one. PLUS - we have a new puppy which is JUST like having a baby around so no tree for us. That is a good idea about little table top ones though. LOVE the stockings too! What a thoughtful mom!

Lindsay said...

Great Picts Lisa!!!!
I had thought abut just putting our little tree up, but Trav isnt too intrested and we have a gate.,.. THANK GOODNESS!

Your trees are sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I noticed you have your stocking on hooks. There are 2 hooks with nothing on them...
Hop..Hop...lets have more babies and fill all those hooks!

Love Mom.