Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday survey...

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! Post your answers on your own blog or in my comment section! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun! Don't be a scrooge!!!

NAME: Lisa
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate (does anyone really drink egg nog!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? In my family, Santa left an unwrapped present, but mom and dad wrapped the ones from them and put them under the tree. They wanted some credit! I think we'll do the same!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not this year... we use to get some at Adam's parents house, but they moved!
5. When do you put your decorations up? A few days after Thanksgiving. One Holiday at a time please!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes with lots of Gravy!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I have so many.... I loved Christmas day. All our extended family lived in Dallas so we would open presents and get dressed and go to my dad's side of the family and then go to my mom's side later that day... I loved the busyness of the day!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think 3rd grade.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Never!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights and ornaments we have collected since being married. This year we have just a little table top one since Grace is on the move!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, but glad I don't live where it snows often. The once or twice a year is just perfect. :)
12. Can you ice skate? Of course!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm... probably anything Strawberry Shortcake or Cabbage Patch!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and friends.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love my grandmas pies... she is a great baker!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love going to look at Christmas lights. And I love the shopping... even though the crouds are tough!
17. What tops your tree? Just a bow I made.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Well, it's always nice to receive, but I really like giving the best.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All the ones on my Mariah Carey CD.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I like the flavored ones.
21. Do you re-gift? Not this year!
22. Worst gift given to you. I got some socks one year from a relative... I was like 12 so it was terrible!
23. What is your favorite holiday movie? Christmas Vacation
24. Who will you be spending Christmas with this year? We will be driving to Austin to see my husbands family! We can't wait!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I jsut posted something and it dissapeared... strange!
I has said, I LOVE strawberry shortcake, she always smelled so good... and my little ponies!
Those are coming back in, maybe Grace will ike tho play with all our old (like the 80s are old, HA!) toys when she gets a little bigger!

Anonymous said...

NAME: Erin
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg not with some whiskey in it, yummy!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored
4. Do you hang mistletoe? no
5. When do you put your decorations up? The Day after TG, usually.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Broccoli Casserole
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Christmas Eve...we started at noon by having a big lunch, got dressed up, drove around to see lights and then went to Christmas Eve service. We'd come home and I'd drag my matress into my sister's room and spend the night.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly cannot remember!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We started to when my sister got married. They came over for Christmas Eve and I'd open gifts from my parents on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored lights and ornaments from our childhood and ones we've collected since we got married.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I don't really care either way.
12. Can you ice skate? YEs
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really..
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate covered peanut butter balls and peanut butter fudge!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Celebrating Jesus' birth at a late night church service by candlelight singing "Silent Night".
17. What tops your tree? A silver star
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Star of Bethlehem" by Third Day
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Not a big fan.
21. Do you re-gift? Never, I give "regift" materials to Good Will.
22. Worst gift given to you. ???
23. What is your favorite holiday movie? Elf or Christmas Vacation? I am not really sure!
24. Who will you be spending Christmas with this year? My husband on Christmas day and then my family in GA on the 26th.