Friday, April 28, 2006

Snug as a bug in a rug...

Gracie slept 9 hours last night (10PM - 7AM)!!! I still can't quite believe it. She pretty consistently sleeps 7 hours and every once in a while will give me an extra hour or two. The only problem is that of course I wake up... mainly because I'm nursing and I feel like if I don't feed her I'm going to explode! REALLY! I've been fighting if off by pumping a bit to releave the pain.

As you will notice in the picture, Gracie loves to be swaddled! In fact I keep wondering when she won't want to be swaddled anymore... especially as it is getting warmer. The pediatrician said that some babies like to be swaddled for months and if I have to just strip her down to her diaper. I think I will just turn the air up if I have to. I have tried a few times during her naps not to swaddle her, but then 10 minutes later she is awake. The only way she will sleep while not swaddled is if she is on her tummy, but with SIDS they say sleeping on the back reduces the risk greatly. So I guess I will keep swaddling her until she lets me know she doesn't like it anymore. Plus she just looks so cute and cozy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maddyson loved to be swaddled also. She liked to be really tight. If she wasn't the slightest arm movement would wake her up. When she can hold her head up on her tummy really well then she can sleep on her tummy.

Lindsay said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!
I cant wait for just 5 hours!!!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»