Monday, April 16, 2007


I haven't really been in the blogging mood lately so that is why I haven't posted recently.
Last week Grace had yet another ear infection (#8). The doctor actually thinks her ear infection from 2 weeks ago never healed... which totally explains why she never seemed like she was better. So needless to say the last few weeks have been pretty frustrating dealing with my unhappy and clingy and fussy toddler. Thankfully on Saturday a new Grace got out of bed and she had a much better weekend. I can tell her medicine is FINALLY working. The doctor mentioned tubes again... he really thinks that since its getting warmer this may be her last one for the year, but then we may be in the same situation next winter. He said we will talk about it at her 15 month appointment since we can't even do tubes until her ears aren't infected. I'll keep you updated.

For Easter weekend, Grace and I joined my parents and little brother on a quick trip to Kentucky to see my big brother and his wife. It was a nice weekend although it was COLD... temps were in the 30's, with wind shields in the teens (brrrrrrrrr...). So we mainly hung out indoors, but did get out for opening day at Keenland (horse races). It was pretty quite since it was so cold, but still fun to watch a few races. Then on Easter Sunday we went to their church with I loved. It is a great non-denominational Bible church with a really good pastor. All in all it was a nice weekend. Here are a couple pics of Gracie at the races.

Grace staying warm

Grace with grandma

Go #3!

Grace with little jockey

Adam stayed home Easter weekend because he was on call. He has off every other holiday this year so we figured Easter would be okay to miss. So he decided to make the best of being home alone all weekend. He took out our old, ugly florescent light in our kitchen and put in recessed lighting. It looks awesome! He definitely gets the Husband of the Year award. It sure is nice to have a husband that is an electrical engineer... sort of handy to have around and saved us a ton of money since he was able to do it all himself. Thanks Adam!
Oh I think that is about it for now. I'll be back soon! :)


melaneeleigh said...

I've been wondering what you were up to. I can't believe Grace is at it again with her ears. The poor girl. Glad to see you're hanging in there! Carson woke up crying in the night last night for the first time in ages and I was up with him for about an hour. I guess he's preparing me for what's to come in a few months. I don't think he's feeling bad or anything, so I have no idea why he was up...maybe he was scared because he had a bad dream or something. He wanted to walk around the house, but I wouldn't let him leave his room! Not going to start that NOW! Hope Grace gets better soon and then I'd really consider those tubes. I don't know anything about them except that lots of kids have them so I guess they work! Hope it's a better week for you two.

Jennisa said...

I love the pictures of her all bundled up! About the tubes, my friend had the SAME things happening over and over again with her 15 month old at the time. She finally gave into the tubes, and although it was very hard to watch her child go 'under' the meds, she said that he's a totally different kid now! Either way, I hope she feels better soon! It's no fun to be a sick little girl!

Mike said...

Great pictures you have there. And welcome back.