Monday, February 28, 2011

a 5th and 3rd birthday party...

Since my girls birthdays are just a couple weeks apart and since both their birthdays are so very close to my due date we decided to make things easy this year and do a joint birthday outside the house. I highly recommend it.
It was the first year I've ever had a party not at the house. SOOOOO nice!
Grace and Emma had said they wanted a gymnastics party, but since we had lots of little friends coming we decided it would be easier to do at a bounce house place.
The party theme was castles... inspired mainly by the fact that the only thing Grace asked for was a castle cake. She had been talking about her castle cake since Christmas so I went with it.
Since transporting a castle cake sounded like a challenge to me, I made the cake for her real birthday. I know why bakeries charge so much for cakes...
Here is the final product. Don't look too close :)
So back to the party... here are the girls before we left!
The girls were line leaders for the day...

Having fun down the slides...



All their little friends. Yes all girls.
We have been blessed to know a lot of little girls around the same ages as our girls!
To carry out the castle theme.... I found these cute little cupcake toppers! Pink and purple per the request of 2 little ladies...

Singing happy birthday! Grace got a little embarrassed... oh the life of girls!


And when we got home the girls had a blast opening all their gifts.

They aren't spoiled at all...
Overall the party was fun, the girls had a blast and having a party outside your home is totally worth the money... especially when the mommy is 9 months pregnant :)


No comments: