Friday, June 30, 2006

Oh the joy of motherhood...

When I think back at the last 4 1/2 months I am completly and utterly thankful for the gift that God has given Adam and I. But some days I dream just to stay clean!!! Yesterday Gracie was calmly sitting on my lap and I felt a warm puddle forming so I lifted Grace up to find poop all over me. If you have ever seen a breastfed baby's poop you will know that it is quite runny and yellow and just really pretty grose. As if it couldn't worse, this morning I was lifting Grace above my head playing airplane and yup... I got thrown up on. I just started laughing so hard and Grace just smiled like as if she was saying, "Gotcha mamma". So that means later today I need to laundry... the neverending pile of laundry. Watch out Oxi Clean here I come!!

Oh the joy of motherhood. :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Lisa.............. NASTY!!!
I have been spit up on inthe face also, by a friends kiddo.. thank goodness I had my glasses on!

Lindsay said...

I forgot to add.... Welcome to the world of poop-splosions!

Unknown said...

GROSSSSSSSSSS! been there! and it only gets better when they start sneezing green beans...on another note, i am SO proud of you for keeping up the breastfeeding. i quit at 4 months cause it was so hard to pump at work! you're the bomb!