Thursday, January 03, 2008

We're back........

Yes we made it and we are still alive! Here is the last few weeks in a nut shell...

  • We packed (took forever!)

  • Had my last day at work. It was Pajama day... Grace in the front on the far right.


  • Grace and I by the Christmas tree... she has a nice little resting spot on my belly!


  • closed on our house in Oklahoma

  • closed on our new house in Dallas

  • Got a new stainless steel fridge and plasma tv (it was a gift from our realtor... long story, but we are still in shock! It was an amazing gift!!)
  • Moved in our stuff that was in storage

  • Painted the new baby's room a light green (so cute!)
  • celebrated Christmas with my family!
    Grace first thing Christmas morning! So cute!
  • Grace with her new baby stroller!

    Grace during the day... the only cute picture I could get of her dressed up!


  • Movers moved us in on the 26th

  • Unpacked a lot of boxes (that actually went pretty fast)

  • Fired our new cable company (Time Warner) and already switched to AT&T (big mess!)

  • Bought some new furniture. (needed something to put the plasma on and bought big girl furniture for Grace since her crib and furniture is now in the baby's room)
  • Moved Grace to a big girl toddler bed!!!! (This is a whole different post, but she is doing great... I worried for months about this and it has really gone very smoothly!)
  • Went to Walmart and Target a good 10,000 times to buy things we needed... it's amazing ot me the things you need when you move, or things you didn't need in your old house and now you do.

  • Had a baby shower for my sister-in-law at my parent's house (she is due with a little baby boy just a couple weeks after me!).

  • Celebrated New Year's Eve at a good friend's house. We hung out and ate lots of yummy food with Michelle, Jeff (her hubbie), their little girl Grace, and another couple... Missy, Kevin and their little boy Grayson. We enjoyed ourselves and Grace stayed up till 11!

  • Got to see one of my best friend's Katie and her hubbie Andy. They came up from Southeast Texas for New Year's Eve and we grabbed lunch on New Year's Day. It was fun for them to see the house.
  • Adam started his new job yesterday! He said it was a good first day. They already have a mess with our new insurance, but hopefully that will get fixed quickly because I have an appointment with my new OB next Tuesday. But I think it sounds like he is really going to enjoy his new job! He is just anxious to really get started!
  • Now to just get settled more. I will post pictures once things are looking more done. Right now we don't have anything on the walls or any decorations out... just basically the furniture is in place.
  • Now to get planning for Grace's 2nd birthday next month!

  • Oh and lets not forget... I'm now 31 weeks pregnant... where has this pregnancy gone?? So in a couple of months we will have another baby girl! Hopefully we can just enjoy things for a couple months until Miss EMMA makes her appearance! (Yes, we decided on a name!)

And here is the Miss Pris herself sporting her new "eyes". I can't get her to say sunglasses, but at least she knows where they go!

16 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Looks like you are getting settled in! I love the name Emma, good choice!

Have fun putting all the decorations up in the house. Sometimes that can be fun and sometimes you just wish you could hurry and get it over with!

Living to Love said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year! You guys have so many exciting things going on! I bet it's actually pretty fun making all of those trips to Walmart and Target :o) Love the name Emma. I know a couple of little ones by the name of Emma and they are all so sweet!!!

Janice said...

Welcome back! Wow, 31 weeks already?!?!?!? That's crazy! Thanks for sharing the update - you guys were busy! I love the toy stroller! Congrats on the new plasma TV - what a cool realtor!

Lindsay said...

Wow Girly!
YOu have been so busy
I am thrilled you are so close!
Trav and I need to come visit... Gotta get healthy first!
love yall

Anonymous said...

Goodness! You've been busy! You sound great! Glad you've had a good few weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing you at Becky's shower. I can't wait until Emma is born. So glad that Grace like her "big girl bed"...sometimes that can be a struggle. Your energy amazes me.
Love,
Aunt Barbara

Anonymous said...

so excited that everything went smoothly. I am sure youa re super bust but I am off till monday, give me a hollar if you have time for visitors. love ya!

Leigh said...

Finally! I've been waiting for updates! Let me know how the bed is going....I'm trying to get Reagan to do it, but she loves the crib.

Megan said...

Wow...I got tired just reading your post!!! Looks like you guys are doing well...I'm so happy for you!! :)

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Welcome back to bloggityville! Glad you're back online. Sounds like you've had a very busy last few weeks. I know how stressful moving can be, and yet exciting all at the same time! Hope you get settled soon so you can have some time to RELAX before baby!

E said...

Sounds like things have been crazy. I hope things settle down the next 9 weeks before Emma arives. Cute name. Emma and Grace. :)

Jen said...

Welcome back! I've missed reading your blog ;)

Anonymous said...

I had to come back and say... I love Emma! I love love love that name! Grace and Emma are great traditional names! :) Can't wait to see her!

allie said...

So glad everything went smoothly for you guys! Moving always has a very good chance of being a terrible experience! I absolutely love the name Emma too!

Jennisa said...

Missed you so much! I kind of stalked your blog over your 'break', hoping you'd be back! I'm sure you are so very busy! Loved the photos, and, LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Emma! She'll be here soon! How exciting!

Tasha said...

Wow you have been so busy..How did you guys fit everything in? I'm tired just reading about it LOL