Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thankful

Sometimes it's easy to forget to be thankful for all you have. So I decided I would write out what I'm thankful for... here goes...

*God!
*My sweet husband- Who works so hard to provide for his family and truly loves us with his whole heart!
*My baby girl - I honestly don't know what I did before she was in my life. She gives me a purpose that I didn't what missing.
*My home - I know I complain about the size sometimes, but we really are lucky to have a beautiful home that sits on 1 acre of land.
*My parents - They are just so great... they are always giving back through their work and service. They are there for me if I need them and just set an amazing example of a happy and fulfilled marriage.
*My friends - I seriously have some great ones. Ones I can call no matter the time or drop by without an invitation. I just wished I lived a little closer to a few of them!
*My car - Another thing I complain about, but I love my reliable Honda! I couldn't imagine living in a place where I couldn't have my own car. I love being able to jump in the car and go.
*Patience - I've always thought that I was a pretty impatient person, but having a toddler in the house brings a whole new perspective to this. I hope that I can be mindful of my patience and keep it! :)
*Living in the middle of nowhere - I NEVER in a million years thought I would be thankful for this. However, after living in rural OK for 4 years it's grown on me. I love that we never have traffic, that I can get to anyplace in less than 10 minutes and I've made some great friends. I do sometimes miss having places to shop closer, but I spend less money with it being further away.

Here are a few other things I'm thankful...
*TV Dinners
*Paid vacation - if my hubbie ever takes some!
*Germ X
*Pictures
*CANDY (all junk food for that matter!)
*TIVO
*Naptime
*Good books
*Fireplaces in the winter
*Bluebonnets in the spring
*Swimming pools in the summer
*Changing leaves in the fall
*Christmas presents
*Anniversaries
*Birthdays

I know there are a thousand more things I am thankful for, but I've hit a block. So what are you thankful for??

3 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Oh! I grew up in Texas and boy! do I remember the blue bonnets! It made me home sick once you mentioned them! Wow! Hadn't thought about them in ages! There was always fields of them behind our house! GA has NOTHING like that!

April said...

Our God, My husband, our jobs, the doors God has continued to open in this adoption process, TiVo ( we are on a temporary break from this through the adoption saving a little $$ and mand it makes you have a greater apprecation for it), Family, Friends (including our amazing church family), My puppy do, and much much more that I could fill your comment space with!! Oh also...sweet tea, mexican food, ice cream, & little girl hairbows! :o)

E said...

God, my husband and family, my job, my health, my home, my life. :) I am thankful for so much!

Great post Lisa! Have a great weekend!