Tuesday, August 05, 2008

5 months

It's already here. My little Emmy is 5 months old!
And who couldn't be more excited than the big girl herself...
(notice the bow in her hair!!)
This month has been full of changes. You are no longer being swaddled. You are trying to sit and crawl. You are finally getting on a little napping schedule (typically 3 naps a day). You are thinking about eating cereal... so far you will do good with a few bites then you're done. You giggle and smile from ear to ear when we sing you songs like "Patty Cake"... your current favorite. You love holding onto your feet, especially when they have shoes on them.
In so many ways you are still the same. You still wont take a bottle. You are still sleeping through the night from usually 9pm to 7am (with the occasional time we have to put the paci in your mouth). You are still taking a paci and your mom is ready to throw them out the window! And you still adore your big sister.
I'm guessing you weight a little over 15 pounds these days... trying to catch up to some of your friends. :)
And I had to include this one... you were so happy... hanging from your hands... not so smart since your sister dislocated his elbow just a few months ago! But you girls are so cute!
Happy 5 months baby Emmy!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Precious 5 mo. pict.!

Andréa said...

aww, happy birthday Emmie!

Megan said...

So precious!! She's such a smily little thing!! :)

Michelle said...

How has it been 5 months already?!? It just seems like yesterday we were talking about you "thinking about" trying to get pregnant again. Time sure does fly. That statement has become so true after having a baby. XOXO

allie said...

Your girls have the best smiles! You're gonna have to teach me to get Collin to smile like that! I adore the nickname Emmy too :)

Hyperactive Lu said...

How precious! She is getting so big... BTW, shingles?! My goodness, girl! One thing after another... I hope you get over this quickly and no one else catch anything!

E said...

wOW, your girls are getting so big. I am so glad that my sister is having an other girl. I hope they are as close as the two ofus are!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

they are so cute. I can't believe she is five months already!! I say that every month but it's true. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago she was born.

I finally got around to post the preggo picture! Only 5 more days to go!!