Tuesday, October 28, 2008

more on speech

Grace was evaluated yesterday afternoon and she did fabulous. It was actually pretty fun to watch them work with her. She did almost everything they asked of her and in a very willing manner. I was so afraid that she wouldn't be herself. She passed nearly every part of the evaluation, but struggled with articulation and communication.

She actually surprised us a few times doing things we had no clue she could do... like cut with scissors. (Why on earth would I let my 2 1/2 year old use scissors... on the box they say 4+!)

They asked us every question under the sun from her nutrition to different abilities she exhibits.

All that said, they did recommend that she have a hearing test (just to make sure all those ear infections she had didn't leave fluid that is making things sound different) and therapy twice a month. They seemed very optimistic that the therapy will help her out a great deal.

To be honest, I'm pretty excited. After seeing her perform yesterday, I'm excited to see what else she can do that I don't know about.

Thanks again to everyone for the sweet words and encouragement. I know Grace is going to be speaking well in no time!

7 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Ha! Loved your comments on scissors!!!

E said...

Awesome! Speech therapy is an amazing thing!

Jenny Garland said...

Yay! I'm glad everything went so well :) Can't wait to see you guys Fri at Tanya's.

Leigh said...

sounds great! let me know if you have any questions or need anything

Whitney said...

Yea!! And, I would be scared to give Macy a scissors, too :)

Barbara said...

That's great about the speach, hearing and multiple abilities she Grace is able to grasp. But ohhhh the sissors! Hope she doesn't try haircuts on Emma. Keep Barbie safe!
xx bebe

Melissa said...

Yay!! I am glad everything went well for grace!!!