Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yamboree

So I'm a weekend late... but I had to get this up here!!

The Yamboree is a festival that Adam's hometown does every year. I've been many times in the 8 years that Adam and I have been together, but this year was by far one of the best. I guess its just more fun to do the kid stuff and generally its easy when you have kids :)

We started the weekend off with Adam's 10 year reunion. They always hold the reunions that weekend b/c so many people go home. Although isn't it weird that he really graduated 10 1/2 years ago? Anyway, the reunion was a lot of fun. I actually knew quite a few people because Adam's graduating class was only around 150 people so over the years and visits to his hometown I've met people. I was most excited to see my good friend, Megan (the person who did the pictures of the girls). Honestly, it wasn't weird or awkward to go to his reunion. I think I would have felt more out of place at mine. For those that don't know I graduated with a little over 1500 people (yes... 1500... largest graduating class in Texas in 2008!!). And yeah I knew a lot of people b/c I had been in that school district since I was in 2nd grade, but it was different at my school. Anyway, I'm totally off on a tangent... the reunion was fun. Food not so good. OH well can't win them all.

Adam and I leaving for the reunion. Adam's parents were so sweet and watched the girls for us!


And Megan and I... 2 cute girls :)

****************

Saturday means parade time! And this is a cool parade. The best part is seeing the Yam Queen. Their gowns are BEAUTIFUL! Apparently they cost thousands of dollars!


Here is a view of the front


and the back
And here are 2 of my favorite parade watchers...


The rest of the day consisted of a nap, rides for Grace and the barn dance. Yes a dance in a barn... its actually a lot of fun. Here are a few of the pictures that Adam's parents took of Grace enjoying the rides.

Having fun. Funny that they every seat has steering wheels!



****************

Oh and I almost forgot. Adam's parents had a Barbie Jeep at their house for Grace to play with. And oh did she love it. In fact today she kept asking to ride her Barbie Jeep. She is a seriously BAD driver. Hopefully by the time she is 16 she will better than she was last weekend!

4 comments:

The Lada Family said...

Cute photos in the barbie jeep! Molly has the apple shirt that Grace is wearing (suprise, suprise right?).
You hair looks good. That's after the guy cut it right?
Oh and the dress on that girl! WOW! I hope she doesn't need to take a potty break anytime soon.

Tiffany said...

Love how Emma is hanging on in the last picture :o)

And that looks like my prom dress. Just kidding! That's way more fancy than my wedding dress!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend!!!

Jen said...

that does look like fun :)

we still need to get the girls together..before they are 16 and we can't control where they go or who they play with anymore ;)