Monday, July 17, 2006

breastfeeding...

How long is too long? I am still nursing and I am totally fine with it and happy to be doing it. But how long is too long? I keep thinking of when I will wean Gracie and I just simply can't decide. It is just so easy now (it was pretty hard at the beginning) and of course it is saving us money and I really do enjoy it. I am thinking about going back to work part-time and am not sure if I want to pump or just wean her before then. Anyway, just wanted to hear your thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I think it totally depends on you and Gracie. Jenny pumped and breastfed until Maren was almost 7 months. :)
Are you going back to FUB?

Melanee said...

If you do go back to work pt, and you're really enjoying nursing and it's easy for you, then just give pumping part time a try. You can still wean her if you decide it's too much, but you can't go back the other way! What are you thinking of doing?

Lisa said...

I am thinking of going back to work at the bank I use to work for. It's all still in the works but I am thinking of going back next month when Gracie is 6 months... just 2 days a week. We'll see.

Jessica said...

My son is 4 months old and I have been back at work full time for one month. I am pumping full time and have found that it's not too much of a hassle and it makes me enjoy my time with my son even more. Breastfeed your daughter as long as the two of you are comfortable with it. Who cares what anyone else thinks?